Information for Employers
Partner with us
The School of Social Sciences welcomes employers who would like to recruit Rice University social sciences undergraduates. Majors include Mathematical Economic Analysis, Sociology, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Political Science, Sport Management, Policy Studies, Anthropology, Linguistics, and Managerial Studies. Most students pursue double majors to advance their perspectives and develop themselves to adapt to all circumstances, so they make a difference wherever their paths may lead.
An intern’s host site supervisor is the most important member of his or her learning network. Ideally, s/he will have the time and inclination to actively mentor the intern. At a minimum, the supervisor should:
- Provide professionally-relevant, challenging work assignments that have real value for the organization.
- Meet weekly with the intern to address questions and concerns. Even if you talk informally over the course of the week, set aside a regular time specifically to discuss questions, problems, or progress with your student-intern.
- Facilitate the intern's introduction into relevant professional networks.
- Formally evaluate the intern’s performance at the midpoint and end of the internship. (These evaluations forms will be furnished by the student.)
- Summer interns must work a minimum of 40 hours per week for eight weeks; fall and spring semester interns must work a minimum of 80 hours.
Where to Start:
Whether you are looking to fill a one-time internship position or are looking to set up a recurring position, we are here to help.
Other Opportunities to be Involved: